So, you ask yourself: How does insurance protect my home?
Homeowner insurance is designed to protect your home from certain perils such as fire, theft, wind, hail, falling objects, riot, vehicle damage, explosion, smoke and bursting of pipes. Notable exclusions are: flood, earthquake, mold, mildew, rot or animal damage.
When setting up your Massachusetts home insurance policy, HomeownerQuote.com will help you come up with the Replacement Cost of your home. Not to be confused with Market Value, the Replacement Value is the amount of money it would take to replace you home if it were destroyed by an insurance loss. The Coverage A, Dwelling, amount should represent this Replacement Value.
How Does Insurance Protect my Home?
Your home is one of the largest investments you will ever have. You want to make certain that your coverage is tailored to your individual home and personal needs. Your Independent, Massachusetts Insurance Agent will offer quality, basic coverage with many features and many coverage options to enhance your protection.
Homeowners Insurance Coverage Protects:
- Dwelling (your home)
- Other Structures, such as a detached garage, shed, fence, mailbox or doghouse
- Personal Property, including furniture, clothing, appliances and much more
- Loss of Use, for living expenses, when the home is damaged and uninhabitable
- Personal Liability Coverage, protects you and your family against a claim or lawsuit if someone is injured or their property is damaged while at your home
- Medical Payments to Others
- Personal Property Replacement Cost Protection. Provides full replacement cost (no depreciation)for your personal belongings
- Replacement Cost Protection on your Dwelling. Provides the extra insurance you need to rebuild your house if your coverage amount is inadequate
- Personal Injury. Protects you against libel and slander
- Schedule Valuable Items. Provides a blanket of coverage that is broader than what a basic Homeowners policy provides. It is the right coverage for people who own valuable possessions such as jewelry, fine arts, collectibles, antiques and other “special items”
- Umbrella Policy. Offers an additional $1 million to $5 million of liability protection
- Flood Coverage. Flood damage is typically not covered under a home
- insurance policy. This affordable coverage covers damage to your property and provides cleanup reimbursement
- Earthquake Endorsement
- HomeownerQuote.com will find you products that are competitively priced & that offer great value with many money-saving discounts:
- New or renovated home discount
- Account discount when you insure both your auto and home with the same company
- Loss free credit
- Non-smoker credit
- Security discounts are available for homes with: smoke detectors, dead bolts, fire extinguishers or alarm systems.